Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 22-03-2012 , 01:20 PM

change selected object color display?

Hi,

Well, i tried to search but i really don't know preety much wich keywords to use, and so far haven't got any results, so i ask you:

Can i change the color of a selected object wireframe display, the case is: i am modeling some cars with blueprints, and they are white with black lines right? So when i select some objects above the blue print they become white, and i cant distinguish anything, also, i am colorblind, wich makes it even harder sometimes.

In case i dont make myself clear i'll let a print to show it

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 22-03-2012 , 01:57 PM
Super Moderator
Hop into the color prefs, 'Window>Settings/Preferences>Color Settings'. The 'lead object' color is what you're seeing in your screengrab since you have one object selected. If you have a selection of multiple objects, the last object selected will use the 'lead object', everything else will use the 'objects' color swatch.

Attached Thumbnails

- Genny
# 3 22-03-2012 , 02:02 PM
The thin red line
Just to add a little you might want to change the colour Gain in the image plane attributes..............dave

# 4 20-02-2016 , 09:02 AM
Thank you!