Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 08-04-2010 , 09:23 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Very nice. I don't know if it's the lighting, but it looks like the textures could use a little more punch.

Very nice though.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 17 19-04-2010 , 12:46 PM
Lifetime Member
lookin good bro lookin good!!! Nice little teaser anime as well LOL.

Tits CAN NOT be ignored rich, not for one second, blink and they are gone. Probably a wartime strategy!!! Goose the German pilot for a sec, then WHAM, eat lead.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 18 19-04-2010 , 03:47 PM
Subscriber

# 19 20-04-2010 , 09:55 PM
Thanks for the comments!

Yes I do believe the textures need abit more kick! Although I think in the animation its a combination of the lighting and the textures being dull. A

Also I do have a bump map with rivets ( not so much with different panels) I guess I need to make the bump map more ...bumpy so that it sticks out more.

# 20 21-04-2010 , 08:11 PM
Subscriber
instead of a bump map use a normal map...or if your renderer is up to it a displacement

have fun

# 21 05-08-2010 , 06:52 AM
Subscriber
Fantastic work!

Sorry to wake this thread, but I'd love to learn how you did the UVs.

I'm working on a similar project and matching the UVs with the panel work and rivets turned out to be more difficult than I expected. (actually I'm doing that in Max, but the theory part is no different)