Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 11-10-2010 , 04:04 AM

Making a door/door way

I hope I'm posting in the right spot. I am having a little difficulty making a door and a door way. The door needs to have a door frame and I need it to open/close. I know how to make a door sorta. I am just having trouble extruding it in a manner that makes it separate from the door frame. If anyone has any advice, that would be great. I am using autodesk maya 2010. Thanks!

# 2 11-10-2010 , 05:25 AM
Lifetime Member
If I were doing it...I would make the door first...then duplicate 3 faces on the sides and top of the door...then you can extrude them out to the required width. Does this make sense mate?? If not I will post a pic or 3 or a video for you.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 11-10-2010 , 11:45 AM
Lifetime Member

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 4 12-10-2010 , 01:30 AM
Thanks a ton!! That was really awesome of you to make that video for me. Thanks!! That was enormously helpful! :-)

# 5 12-10-2010 , 01:41 AM
Lifetime Member
Glad to help mate....have fun!!

cheers bullet

bullet1968