Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 20-05-2004 , 12:17 AM

show texture in viewport?

hi folks, somewhere along the line my brain has forgotten some of the basics.

I can get the texture on the object to show up in the viewport, eg the 'color' map.

say i want to have a look at where the displacement map node is on the object, how do i make that one show up in the view port on the object instead of the color one?

thanks guys.

Adam

# 2 20-05-2004 , 02:54 PM
Simply Maya OG
Hit the 6 key. 4 is wireframe, 5 is shaded, 6 is colored/textured, and 7 is lighting. user added image

- Hybrid
# 3 20-05-2004 , 10:12 PM
hi there thanks for the reply but you misread the question.
I can already get textures to show up, ie at the moment, the 'color' texture shows up.
I need to know how to choose WHICH layer of texture shows up
ie, if i want to view the bump map, or the displacement map, or the spec map, in the viewport, on the object, instead of the color map.

thanks.
Adam

# 4 20-05-2004 , 11:04 PM
As far as I know, the only way to get things like the bump and spec map to show up in the viewport real-time is with the High-res mode turned on, but it's only in version 6.

# 5 20-05-2004 , 11:30 PM
In the shader attributes, under hardware texture you can set which channel is displayed (color, bump etc.)

# 6 21-05-2004 , 01:02 AM
ah ha!!

thanks dann, you're the mann user added image