Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 08-02-2003 , 10:47 AM
Kevin

Uk NTL Users - better see this

# 2 08-02-2003 , 02:56 PM
SM Tea Boy
"Normal use" of the service is defined as up to 1 gigabyte downstream of data transfer daily.

So i can now use my service at full speed for 3 hours in every 24.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 08-02-2003 , 05:39 PM
Subscriber
sorry but i dont understand that site
£35 for a 1gb connection? sounds fair to me

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 4 08-02-2003 , 06:27 PM
SM Tea Boy
no one gig of bandwidth a day usage not a 1GB connection

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 09-02-2003 , 01:49 AM
Subscriber
Yet another gigantic effort on the part of NTL to p*ss everyone off

I could rant on for a very long time about NTL user added image

user added image user added image user added image user added image user added image

NTL is a naughty word in my house right now

Last edited by alexgc; 09-02-2003 at 02:31 AM.
# 6 09-02-2003 , 11:47 PM
SM Alumni

Originally posted by David
"Normal use" of the service is defined as up to 1 gigabyte downstream of data transfer daily.

So i can now use my service at full speed for 3 hours in every 24.

lol.. its not that bad.. it never runs at fill speed anyhow (unless theyre including television in that too? user added image )
look at it this way - we've been pretty damn lucky to have un capped cable all this time anyway - the majority of the rest of the world have always been capped user added image

# 7 10-02-2003 , 12:15 AM
Kevin
it is that bad kal!

If I am on a 1 mg line and downloading stuff like I do..normally 3 windows with stuff cued then my limit would be gone in 2 / 3 hrs!

so cant use cable the rest of the day

they have basically cut there service by 90%

# 8 10-02-2003 , 12:21 AM
SM Tea Boy
Its useless to me capped I use more bandwidth than that on a daily bases.

# 9 10-02-2003 , 01:57 AM
Better than in Australia, I think we have the worst Broadband in the world.

# 10 10-02-2003 , 11:08 AM
SM Alumni

Originally posted by Kevin
it is that bad kal!

If I am on a 1 mg line and downloading styff like I do..normally 3 windows with stuff cued then my limit would be gone in 2 / 3 hrs!

so cant use cable the rest of the day

they have basically cut there service by 90%

Well NTL along with any other telco get charged for the bandwidth that goes through their networks, so I can see why its happened. to be honest I'm surprised it hasnt happened already - many other countries ISP's limit their customers to around 10gb per month !!
we had a leased line at my old workplace, with a 150gb limit per month which costs us £28k per qtr. if we went over that limit we'd get charged loads...
yes, it sucks.. but with more and more people taking up broadband over here its probably going to be pretty common user added image

# 11 10-02-2003 , 12:28 PM
Kevin
they make there money on people who have broadband and just "surf"

I am personally discusted by it! A 90 % reduction is just ridiculous.

This server alone is 500mg to back up..not including the movie data. We are ripped off for every thing - In japan I can have a 10 mg line for less!

It needs for NTL to go bust and for someone with half a brain to take it over and distribute it correctly! Why do we have to pay for there ridiculous advertisment budgets of millions to sponser Newcastle Utd football club!

This is all it is: Bad managment..nothing less! And get this: You cant even GET ntl in Newcastle.

Give any decent business person NTL and they would bring every one a "low cost but fair service" If I had the money I would buy them when they go bust...which wont be long - I Hope

# 12 10-02-2003 , 07:29 PM
Subscriber
Basically in the U.K we need a company that isn't restricted by British Telecom, to provide Broadband to business and to the home at a sensible price. But they wont at the moment because they are making a fortune, so why should they. Unfortunately there isn't the competition at the moment between companies so were getting ripped of in many ways.

# 13 10-02-2003 , 09:17 PM
i use bt openworld broadband, i have no problems with it. I don't have a download quota or anything

i'm very happy with them