Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 46 24-09-2006 , 02:07 AM
Acid44
i think he means that he agrees that its better to be alive than dead if you want to post your opinion and by him saying that its just his opinion i think he means that other bhuddists may have dif.opinions about it

(i think...)

# 47 24-09-2006 , 02:15 AM
Ohhhhh. I think that the language understanding bit of my brain must have ceased to function when I read the reply and posted my message. *Whacks own head with wooden plank* I wonder why it didn't work?

# 48 24-09-2006 , 02:20 AM
sry my internet just nuked me :S

But i mean i agrre to andreazz and, that, that is my opinion ! user added image

(__/)
(='.'=) This is bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
# 49 24-09-2006 , 02:27 AM
But there is no god in Buddhism, Buddha is just an ordinary man like any of us, except that he has been enlightened fully and do not see the world like us. He have sympathy for everybody, and he do have good knowledge about Islam and christianity, but he believe that it´s not the best way to live. Buddhism is teachings of life through the dharma and sangha and ofc the Buddha.
Even one of us can become a Buddha.

Just to be informative user added image

(__/)
# 50 24-09-2006 , 02:27 AM
I can image the ISP turning into a mushroom cloud. I too agree with Andreazz's comments.

# 51 24-09-2006 , 02:28 AM
ofc there's a general goal/achievement in Buddhism. Enlightenment

(__/)
# 52 24-09-2006 , 02:35 AM
Acid44
dude im stealing you bunny and useing it for every forum-i like the concept of a bunny that has takin over the world... :bow:to bunny:bow:

# 53 24-09-2006 , 02:37 AM
The bunny is Cooool user added image

I stole it from another user added image

Help him get world domination

(__/)
# 54 24-09-2006 , 03:34 AM
Subscriber
lol i stole it for a differnet site but... i have both of the ears onuser added image

A great mod for Jedi academy www.moviebattles.com

Computer Rig-

64-bit vista
23.5 inch LCD + a 19 inch
Q6600 intell qaud
4 gigs of ddr2 ram
8800GTS 512 video card @700mhz
# 55 24-09-2006 , 03:35 AM
Acid44
i still like it though

# 56 24-09-2006 , 07:58 AM
Architect, you seem sincere in your comments and you do not offend me at all, but surely you can see the difference between sacrificing ones own life to protest against the unspeakable horrors of a war, or murdering hundreds of thousands (even innocents) to make the world a 'better place' . A war for peace, is just another war. A war like any other with numerous innocent lives being destroyed. Every war is always fought for the greater good. The Romans 'liberated' europe and brought order, Hitler wanted to 'liberate' the world and make it a better place, Americans and Europeans kill thousands to 'liberate' Iraq and Afghanistan, China liberated Tibet and would very much like to liberate Taiwan etc. etc. etc. It will go on and on for ever and ever and always to make the world a better place. The wheel of samsara will never stop turning as we Buddhists say.
I have seen the images of burning monks too and I am sure I could never do such a thing myself, but it is not fair to judge these monks for a decision they made that only concerned their own lifes and not that of others. Who knows what horrors they have witnessed before they decided to sacrifice themselves to try make the world aware.
There is however another example you might have used. During WWII several Japanese Zen monks used their skills to kill the enemy more effectively. You could try to blame Buddhism for this, but that would be a big mistake. These monks did not for a moment try to excuse their behaviour with the help of Buddhist teachings. They knew that could not be done. Buddhism offers no excuse for murder. Never.
It was, simply put, Japanese patriotism prevailing over Buddhist convictions. And that should surprise no one knowing just a little about the Japanese social structure and hierarchy in those days.
All this however is quite different from a Christian or Muslim god that kills and destroys, maims and murders in person as an example to his believers. With a god like that who could blame the followers.

Last edited by Andreazz; 24-09-2006 at 10:55 AM.
# 57 24-09-2006 , 11:15 AM
I just realised my words might have been a little to straightforward for some. I do not mean to hurt the feelings of anyone.
Any bitterness in my words is rooted in my disappointment about the faith I was raised in. Please do not take it personal.

# 58 25-09-2006 , 04:28 AM
You know what's funny? It seems to me that people dismiss the Bible as a fantastical book about myths and legends in many cases. It certainly isn't a book about pure science but it does contain scientific fact which is amazing because many of these things were not discovered until thousands of years after the writing of the bible. Which means that someone very intelligent who knew about these things before anyone else told the writers about it.

Example 1. The creation. The Bible says that god made everything in 6 days. That is the translation in english. But what people don't realize is that in hebrew (the language from which that part of the bible was translated) the word 'day' can mean any length of time. Each day the bible talks about is a period of creation, a division of time that is not specific. Not a literal 24 hour day. Which means that when scientists tell you that the earth is billions of years old, the bible doesn't contradict. It simply leaves out the length of time each day represents (why, because knowing how old the universe is shouldn't affect devotion to the creator). The bible even is acurate about the order of appearance of life on earth. And it says nothing to contradict the existence of species predating humanity by long periods of time.

Example 2. Fingerprints. Don't laugh. In Job chapter 37 verse 7 the bible says 'On the hand of every earthly man god puts a seal so that every mortal man may know his works.' Thats roughly from memory look it up for yourself. Did you know that fingerprints weren't even considered for identifying someone until the 1850's. And this biblical text was written over 3000 years ago. Impressive no?

Oh and doesn't stop there. The bible says the earth is sperical in shape and god suspends it above nothing. Now who read the bible and thought the earth was flat... i mean really. Well I could drone on and on but this would get much longer. And I'm tired now. hehe.

The bible is also historicaly accurate (ancient cities thought to have never existed were found with the aid of the bibles descriptions).

...and that is how I saved the world.

Last edited by dockode; 25-09-2006 at 06:40 AM.
# 59 25-09-2006 , 05:28 AM
If the existence of any god of any faith can not be proved or disproved what is the use of discussing its existence.
Buddha didn't want his followers to discuss this subject precisely for this reason. It is of no use at all and serves nobody. It only distracts from the true problems on this very earth, in this very life. Existence is not about a questionable afterlife. It is about the now, the here. It is about the beings around you, your family, your friends, your neighbours etc.
Directing your attention to worshipping vague gods will only make you forget the simple truth about life itself.
It is so incredibly simple and at the same time so unbelievably difficult for most of us.

# 60 25-09-2006 , 12:56 PM
Hmm, I though that during WW2, Japan's official religion was Shinto and that any other religion, was not tolerated. I also doubt that those monks could have actually done anything, martial arts vs. those Iowa class battleships. I don’t think so.