Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 20-11-2013 , 06:43 AM

Cartoonic exterior lighting

Hi guys ,
I'm fairly new to lighting and i wanted to light a cartoonic exterior scene . I was wondering whether to use Physical sun & sky or just some manual lights ?? I want the setup something like the file i've uploaded , would appreciate any help /

Update - I've made this scene , just a rough one , any suggestions ?? And for the bottom part i wanna match it with the 2d scene , need some help with it .

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Cruelways; 20-11-2013 at 09:35 AM.
# 2 21-11-2013 , 12:27 AM
Super Moderator
I'd go the manual lighting route with an incandescent dome for the background. You get far more control. The flowers seem to be slightly incandescent as well. However, apart from the sharp reflections, I can't tell whats going on with the floor. It looks like a couple of lights in similar positions casting dark and light shadows, can't tell for sure though.

- Genny
# 3 21-11-2013 , 03:36 AM
Thanks for the quick reply , i'll try that out for sure .user added image