Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 17-10-2013 , 07:28 PM
Subscriber

Maya 2014 Viewcube dark in High Quality Rendering

Hi all,

I noticed that in Maya 2014, if I switch the render panels to High Quality Rendering, my Viewcube is going on a dark color and the text (Home, Left, Right etc.) is not visible anymore. Switching back to Default Rendering Mode doesn't help. This will also be saved with the scene and I cannot back to a normal Viewcube.

Resetting Maya to the default settings is not providing a solution.

Have you made the same experience?

Attached Images

Last edited by lecra; 17-10-2013 at 07:30 PM.
# 2 29-10-2013 , 10:24 PM
Super Moderator
Honestly, it looks like the viewcube textures are missing which leads me to believe it's problem in the installation folder. Try reinstalling.

- Genny
# 3 04-11-2013 , 07:31 AM
Subscriber
Thank you Gen,

A reinstall of Maya was not solving the issue unfortunately. I had anyway to re-install my Windows 7 and after that the Viewcube works like a charm.

Many thanks for your support.