Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 06-05-2005 , 11:47 PM

UV Set Help

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting.

I have messed around with 3D apps before. I know lightwave pretty well but I just started on Maya. I started simple by modeling a low poly Atari 2600. I got the hang of the modeling tools so I moved on to texturing. I laid out all my UV's, took the snapshot, painted it, and applied it. I was suprised how easy it went.

Then I said "this Atari needs a game and a joystick!" I modeled them, laid out the UV's took the snapshot, painted it, but I can't get them projected on the object!

I can't seem to find any menu that show's you your UV sets and what objects are applied to them, and in Hypershader I can't find any option telling Maya what UV set to project your image onto.

I'm very confused because my to TGA files both seemed to be mapped to a set called map1 but my UV's for the game and controller are mapped to a set called AtariBody(which was created accidently somehow in my trial and error).

I'm having a lot of trouble browsing my UV features. I've read a lot of the tutorials but they just seem to be "do this and do that" without a lot of explanation of what things are. Can anyone help out?
Thanks