Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 31 11-12-2008 , 03:10 AM
Subscriber
nope its not xp64. Its also very strange the problems started with no change to my set-up at all.

Everything seems fine at the mo.

Here is my final eye test for now as I cant be bothered tweaking it any more until its in the body

user added image

As you can see I set up a second eye aswell when I come to add them to the body I will paint a second texture as having two the same looks odd

# 32 11-12-2008 , 03:40 AM
not bad - what's with the shadow around the pupil tho?

# 33 11-12-2008 , 10:39 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by DJbLAZER
Incremental save is a must. What if you accidentally delete some objects and then save? You're screwed.

And who cares if it fills up the harddisk, with harddisks around 1TB these days? And when you're project is finished you just delete all backups to free space.

uhhh... i do incremental saves manually... i didn't know you could do it automatically

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 34 11-12-2008 , 10:44 AM
I'm pretty shocked that theres so many people that dont know about incremental saves.

Its a must! Get it switched on!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 35 11-12-2008 , 11:21 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by arran
not bad - what's with the shadow around the pupil tho?

well according to the training video there is always a shadow around the pupil - its what we think is the rim - in 3d though its were the transparency map is taking place.

Looking at this in day light (another late night last night) that does need a bit of tweaking, in fact I`m not liking this eye at all - the first one looked a lot better - I think I`ll come back to this ..

Video test of the pair - VIDEO FILE

Here they are inside the head with the eye sockets edited to fit the eyes. - I`m not like the eye texture at all now but moving on for now.

user added image

Last edited by tweetytunes; 11-12-2008 at 12:43 PM.
# 36 11-12-2008 , 03:07 PM
Try make the nose smaller for a more feminine look.

# 37 11-12-2008 , 04:17 PM
Subscriber
Really - just been working on the noise to fix some of the tri`s I had on there and I think its looking a little small compared to the ref

user added image

as you can see were I copied the half of the head over the noise is a little smaller than the ref.

here is the close up of the noise clean up. Going to tweak the mouth next.

Any one got any tips on how to model the tear ducts as I`m having problems trying to get them to look right.

user added image

Last edited by tweetytunes; 11-12-2008 at 04:19 PM.
# 38 11-12-2008 , 06:42 PM
Think that its the difference between making an "ideal" female and a "real" female.

# 39 11-12-2008 , 09:15 PM
Acid44

Originally posted by gster123
and a "real" female.

hahhahaha that just looks odd to me :p

lookin good tweety, how long does it usually take you to work out all those tris? looks like a lot user added image

# 40 11-12-2008 , 09:40 PM
With tear ducts, I would use the geo thats there then extrude the actual duct and then tweek it to better fit.

# 41 11-12-2008 , 10:11 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by acid44
hahhahaha that just looks odd to me :p

lookin good tweety, how long does it usually take you to work out all those tris? looks like a lot user added image

Well its taken no time at all - not that many in the end.

user added image

Thx gster123 I`ll give it a try