Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 07-09-2009 , 11:58 AM
Subscriber

Z_play

A quick play I had this morning.Got me a little more experience just using standard and pinch brushes, adjusting brush sizes, focal shift, using mask, and the transpose tool. Started from just a rectangular L shape from maya, so kinda pleased with it on that front, though its obviously not great by most standards.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 07-09-2009 , 07:43 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
not bad for a first try
needs a lot of work still though
It looks to undefined at the moment

# 3 07-09-2009 , 11:36 PM
Subscriber
undefined? It's not really for anything. I got hold of a tutorial the other day from Gnomon, the guy was making a soldier for a game. I was quite surprised how he was taking the most basic shapes out of maya and making them into finished products. I hadnt really seen that method before. I mean, i know the idea is to add detail, but if i was going to make a boot in z brush, I would spend alot more time making something that more resembled a boot in maya first. But this way was literally just a square L shape. I find the pinch brush difficult to get right. But I was pleased with some of the creases. His had a seperate sole which made the bottom of the boot look better. Just got a little more comfortable with working in z brush, rotating and moving, using the alt/shift/cntrl key more comfortably...intuitively. baby steps

# 4 16-09-2009 , 04:13 PM
Subscriber
another little sesh. This time starting with z-spheres. Think I got some more definition in some of the detail. I will work more on this aswell.

Attached Thumbnails