Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 07-09-2006 , 01:01 PM

Maya Forum

I have discovered another Maya forum, at https://www.mayatraining.com/default.asp

Since about 3 months ago, I have been wanting to post my final version of walkerman, but simplymaya has not fixed their upload or download section, so I will be posting my updated MEL Walkerman program there. It is in the process of being approved for posting, but I will post the link to it when it becomes active.

Walkerman is a MEL program that automatically animates bipeds quadrapeds, birds and a centaur, without using IK or any of that other crap that takes forever to set up . . . In this case, all you do is click a button on the shelf, choosing a biped, quadraped, centaur or bird, and it creates the skeleton for the character AND when you press the play button the character walks or runs. The quadraped also hops or gallops. It is all done via MEL, so it does not require and fooling with IK, and it has "stabilization" which minimizes having to paint skin weights.
When created, the bones are in the pose position, and you then attach the character to it, hit play, and the character walks or runs away. Just like that . . . . if you hit rewind, you can re-pose the character. You can make the character walk or run in any direction, or create a crowd of characters, all walking or running in different directions.

It has a toggling control that allows you to manipulate all the fingers of each hand at once, to open or close the hand or you can toggle it to control the fingers individually.

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by skywola; 07-09-2006 at 01:06 PM.