Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 136 13-05-2003 , 05:28 PM
Subscriber
I get off work at 5 (-5 GMT) so i'll talk to ya then, or probably later tonight(you're mornicng).

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 137 14-05-2003 , 02:54 PM
Subscriber
Aright PAPA, i'd be happy to help, but you gotta post something, or send me somthing so i can see how to help you. Also heres a few things i'm curious about. Aren't you going to use that explosion i made frame by frame?? Kinda waste if not, the other thing is do you want me to resize all the sprites, now that i see how big they are in game? Also, about the 1 pixel high laser, hehe it needs to be tweaked in a few ways = )

Haven't gotten any inspiration for the style of pickups, maybe i should go play some space shooters....

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 138 18-05-2003 , 05:01 PM
Subscriber
Hey guys, papa has been playing with the logo for the game, and i changed some texturing and lighting. Whaddya guys think?

# 139 18-05-2003 , 05:02 PM
looks great but the text is a bit too glowy in the middle.

# 140 18-05-2003 , 05:03 PM
Subscriber
here is the MB for papa, although you guys could feel free to download it for you're own informational gain.

# 141 18-05-2003 , 05:07 PM
Subscriber
okay we can fix that thx eagle

# 142 18-05-2003 , 05:08 PM
is there a tool to write or something?

# 143 18-05-2003 , 09:54 PM

Originally posted by PappaSmurf
Hey, something I need ASAP is a small animation of an explosion.
Do you guys know how to do something like this or is it really hard?
I tried making an explosion in Maya, using a particle emmitter, and, well, it didn't turn out too well... I got close, but no cigar.

I have a tutorial on how to make GREAT explosions in the VIP sectionuser added image

Check out my demo video at the bottom of the download page for ituser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 144 19-05-2003 , 06:45 AM
Thanks Vectorman! user added image
It's looking great

I'll add the animation code and get it rendered user added image

Originally posted by EagleKing
is there a tool to write or something?

What does this mean?

# 145 19-05-2003 , 02:17 PM
Thanks ragecgi user added image

Well it's done rendering, and looks pretty good, it took *ages* user added image user added image

# 146 27-05-2003 , 11:56 AM
You guys still there? user added image

# 147 27-05-2003 , 05:32 PM
Subscriber
sooooooorrry, very busy with work, the movie and a music video!

# 148 19-07-2003 , 12:56 PM
hehe, not to worry Vectorman, I sort of put it on hold as I've just got way too much work now user added image

I've got big exams in about two weeks, and then a few months till my final major school exams user added image user added image user added image

Ahh, it'll be alright (at least I'll keep telling myself that) hehe user added image

Cheers for now! user added image

# 149 20-07-2003 , 03:16 AM
Subscriber
slight delayed respponse time there, i thought information could get to and from australia in less then 2 months! Hey just let us know when you gotz mo free time and we'll do this thang (or the next one we was talkin aboot)

# 150 06-08-2003 , 11:41 AM

Originally posted by Vectorman
slight delayed respponse time there, i thought information could get to and from australia in less then 2 months! Hey just let us know when you gotz mo free time and we'll do this thang (or the next one we was talkin aboot)

hehe, am I getting better now? Less than a month this time! user added image

Yeah for sure, I can't wait till this so called "school" is all over :bgreen: getting close now, began my trail exams this week and they'll be over by the end of next week.

After that... 8 weeks, then the real exams, then thats it!

user added image