Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 08-06-2003 , 04:05 AM
Subscriber

Trim Surface Rebuild

Im having a big problem with rebuilding trim surfaces. Either the object disappears or the hole i cut disappears. can someone point me to a tutorial or give me a pointer?

P.S. the tutorials in the site are great. I love how straight forward they are. Mtmikenly, you rock. thanks for the arm stich tutorial. I am happy to support a site that has such great resources and i hope one day i can contribute such knowledge. More points to the masses....

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>

Last edited by iron_tick; 08-06-2003 at 03:53 PM.
# 2 08-06-2003 , 09:10 AM
The Maya Mountain
Trimmed surfaces are not something that you can really mess with like that. The only thing I'd ever use trimmed surfaces with, is something that will never be deformed and is set by itself and not patched or stitched into anything else.

Personally, I avoid trimmed surfaces as much as possible, but that's just me.

Thanks!

# 3 08-06-2003 , 09:13 AM
no Mike, its not just you .. trims should be avioded as much as possible user added image

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S