Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 09-01-2007 , 12:45 PM

How to draw a box with lids in maya

Hi all,
I new to maya. I wanted to create a box with lid(flap kind of). Like the normal cardbox box. Can anybody help me how to create one. I created a box by creating one cube inside another and removing the inner cube part. But lids.... I am not able to.

Thanks
Deekshit M

# 2 09-01-2007 , 05:16 PM
Senior Software Developer
To Achieve a box like that create a polygon cube duplicate it and then resize it...

Once your happy with the size place the smaller one inside the other leaving a peice... You know what I will make a quick video tute for you to show how I would do it...

Hows That?

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 3 09-01-2007 , 06:59 PM
OK finished it, just producing it now. It will be in QT7 format so please forgive me if you don't have it, but its a free player to download.

I will post a link below once it is completed for you.

Now... The rest of you :p.. This is my first attempt at a tutorial, so no laughing at me. Its a little fast and a little dirty how I get the result, but it seems to work. Any crits on the tute would be really great tho.

https://www.home108.co.uk/tute/makeabox.rar (qutie a slowish connection 70Mb file)

dmantamp, I hope it is useful to you.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix

Last edited by R@nSiD; 09-01-2007 at 07:57 PM.
# 4 10-01-2007 , 03:04 AM
Fantastic... that is exactly what I was looking for. Very good tutorial.

Thank you very much. I hope I will get the same kind of help in future.

Thanks
Deekshit M

# 5 10-01-2007 , 04:23 AM
You are welcome.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter