Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 30-06-2003 , 07:19 PM

Animation Short: Welcome to Reality. Visit Often

Hello I decided to make an Short to show you guys I just don't model stuff.. I haven't really started it yet, I will get on it tomorrow, after the Challenge is done. But, I did work on it for a little while today, and here is what I have, I wanted to have simple models... and I wanted everything to be made out of cubes, to represent cubicals. This animation is dirrectly inspired by what I am going thru at work: Downsizing and Layoffs user added image So... I hope you guys like it, shouldn't take to long to make, I plan on getting it finnished right after the holidays, its going to be about 7 min long. THanks,
Brian

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 2 30-06-2003 , 07:25 PM
Oh Yeah, the title is:

Welcome To reality. Visit Often

Its a story about a nameless worker (clock number 2958)

Who has a nameless job (dept. 033082)

Who works for a nameless company
(witch ranks #725 on the Fortune 500 list)

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 3 30-06-2003 , 07:55 PM
That is cool. Can't wait to see more!!!!

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 4 30-06-2003 , 08:01 PM
rofl
so simple...cubes...but íf you make something simple it looks still amazing...

# 5 30-06-2003 , 08:08 PM
THanks guys! I am kinda worried about this animation... Hope it goes ok... user added image Can't wait to show you more
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 6 30-06-2003 , 09:12 PM
Simply Maya OG
Gotta love cubes user added image Looks interesting Brian. Cant wait for more. user added image

- Hybrid
# 7 01-07-2003 , 12:56 AM
That is a hella cool vector render too. What are your settings???

# 8 01-07-2003 , 01:09 AM
What R my settings?? its all default, with edges turned on.. Thats it. Its pretty edgy because I have it on the lowest render quality right now, I can Turn it up so there are smooth lines, but it takes like 5x the amount of render time witch is crazy, so I might just leave it a little edgy, as of right now on my dual Athalon 2200 it takes about 10 sec to render user added image user added image
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 9 01-07-2003 , 03:42 AM
Ok. I love them edges hehe.

# 10 01-07-2003 , 10:35 AM
Subscriber
oh wow, wish i could do such edges easy in 4.5 - you know how to add cartoon edges? right now i am using a high pass and filter only have the dark in photoshop on another render with lights right from the front of cam. and then multiply that with the normal render. last pic on monster for animation) was done like that. only that i would like to have a easer workflow without purchasing inkworks ...

# 11 01-07-2003 , 01:04 PM
Well, Vectors are very cool, but hard to do. I just make a scene and send it to my friend who sends me back a vector render.

# 12 01-07-2003 , 01:09 PM
Yeah, it is pretty hard to get a good vector in maya, unless you have Maya 5 anyways. But, you could allways try the tomcat cartoon shader from Highend3d.com... Actaually I think he is charging now user added image But you can still take a look. Updates soon user added image
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 13 01-07-2003 , 01:15 PM
Really. I think I may try to find me a good toon shader.

# 14 02-07-2003 , 03:19 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by brian_ellebracht
Yeah, it is pretty hard to get a good vector in maya, unless you have Maya 5 anyways. But, you could allways try the tomcat cartoon shader from Highend3d.com... Actaually I think he is charging now user added image But you can still take a look. Updates soon user added image
Brian

thank you brian for the idea with tomcat.

i tried the shader - it is not in highend3d no more, but https://www.toonshade.com/ has a trial version of the tomcat toon shader 3.5 - only limitiation is a unobstrusive overlayed text. and i think once i get good results with it - i might pay the $ 89 (thought first it is much more user added image). and maybe i live with the limitatations of the trial version. i found a workaround to the watermark (and i dont think i am doing something illegal with it - just using unusual options):

just render once and keep the created strokes in the scene (the watermark appears). render again, but change this time the setting to disable the strokes and disable to keep them. the kept pfx strokes from last render are still in the scene. now you have the outline in the render but no watermark (as tomcat was in the belief that it did not add or render the outlines this time).

and a real great thing about tomcat is that it is not just a simple shader - as the outlines are actually added as pfx - so you can do whatever you want for the outline.

# 15 02-07-2003 , 03:37 PM
I know thats the pretty cool part about it. What would be really neet is if you could some how have the P effects show up in the view port b4 you render, and then In maya 5 convert it to Polys... user added image Just think what you could to with it. user added image
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!