Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 13-05-2006 , 08:56 AM
Subscriber

Maya view ports not updating

Hi all can anyone help with the following problem.
I am running Maya 7 on xp pro 64bit, 3200 AMD with a quadroFX 4400.
I have installed the Maya certified driver for this card and have tried the latest ones but still have the same problem.
The view ports do not redraw on opening Maya and is the same with the Hypershade. I have to physically change to another view panel in order for it to update. So why cant they up date on there own. I have this problem with Golive also. Just cant sort it and is a real pain to work with.

Thanks for any help folks.

Attached Thumbnails

It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion
# 2 23-05-2006 , 04:12 PM
Subscriber
Ok, i had the same problem, first go to guru3d.comm and get a 3rd party driver for your graphics card. Then go to nvidia.com and get an updated driver for your motherboard for AMD compatibilty.
I thought i'd never get it working but now i can use the high quality render setting in my viewport, it's awesome!

# 3 23-05-2006 , 04:14 PM
Subscriber
Thank you very much I will give it a go and let you know...

It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion