Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-03-2011 , 09:37 PM
Events Team at Wargaming.net

Making a walk cycle

So I downloaded a rig and was making a walk cycle, the problem is I am trying to make the character do a single walk cycle in place and then move the character across the screen. The problem is I made a walk cycle but when I move the character his legs snap back to the pivot point. Any ideas?

# 2 22-03-2011 , 11:17 PM
EduSciVis-er
What control are you using to key the character across the screen? There should be a master control that you're able to use to move the entire rig around.

# 3 23-03-2011 , 12:59 PM
Aye thats what I am using, I moved the character a little out of the control point to get the first 2 steps of the walk and tried to copy and paste the frames. It worked for the most part, but since I moved him from the center of the control point thats where his feet keep snaping back to, I will try and post a playblast.

# 4 23-03-2011 , 01:11 PM
Here is my issue, this is my first time trying to animate so I am having some issues

Last edited by Ozgalis; 25-03-2011 at 04:21 PM.
# 5 23-03-2011 , 04:30 PM
So I just gave up and decided to make him walk across, here is what I have so far. Definitly a WIP

YouTube - Rough

# 6 23-03-2011 , 04:45 PM
EduSciVis-er
Not bad so far, keep it up! I'm not sure about the master control... I'm trying to remember what the proper way to approach a walk cycle is with respect to the feet and main control and not really coming up with anything.

I think as you animate, you want to be animating the master control forward too... but again, not too sure.

# 7 24-03-2011 , 11:59 AM
Banned
Hey Buddy,
Was it made by you or someone else???
Because I have seen it before and I really like the work done in it....

# 8 24-03-2011 , 07:34 PM
the character and rig were done by someone else, i am just animating it