Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 03-08-2004 , 09:48 PM

Non-existent front view

hullo-

I get this message whenever I try to set one of my panels to a front orthographic view:

Warning: Could not find an appropriate startup camera: front. A substitute will be used.

But I can set the panel to 'front', it just doesn't do it automatically upon startup as it normally would in the 4-panel persp/top/front/side setup (counter-clockwise from topright).

Readjusting it manually wouldn't be a problem, except for the fact that it sets the two bottom panels (in the four panel view) to the same view and whenever I change one, it changes the other.

Any help?

-katie

-katie

"a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." - rwe
# 2 04-08-2004 , 04:04 AM
Subscriber
this is because you used one of maya's predefined bookmarks. (back, right side, left side.. in the bookmarks menu. ) just start a new scene after start up, and import the scene you are currently working on.

# 3 04-08-2004 , 01:38 PM
Thanks, vladmir, done and done.

but why can I not use predefined bookmarks?
I used one in the first place because my "front" view is actual the back of the object I'm working on, so I switched to "back." Is there another way I should do that?

-katie

"a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." - rwe
# 4 04-08-2004 , 09:14 PM
Subscriber
u can create your own orthographic camera view. just make sure in the camera toolbox you check orthographic and specify what axis to point to