Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 29-01-2005 , 02:57 PM
Subscriber

Copying models with skeletons

for my Battle Chess project I need to copy the pawns (and later also the other pieces) with the skeletons already set up. I can easily duplicate the skeletons, but they lose all history, including that they're supposed to be bound to the skins, and what's worse they also lose all the poses I've created. I guess I could set up each character individually, but with 16 pawns that's going to be rather tedious, if there's an easier solution.. any help much appreciated!

edit: heh typical, as soon as I write a post about it I figure it out myself... I'll leave the post since someone else might have the same problem in the future.

Here's what I did: select the mesh and the skeleton, and export selection.. then import the file you just created. Tadaa. There might be a more "correct" way to accomplish this, but this works.

------------------------------------------------
Latest project:
Walk-Cycle
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Last edited by MixX; 29-01-2005 at 03:04 PM.
# 2 01-02-2005 , 03:24 AM
Subscriber
In the duplicate options turn on input graph. That should preserve any history. I assume you're duplicating a group, yes?

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 01-02-2005 , 11:33 AM
Subscriber
yep, excellent.. thought it had to be possible but couldn't figure it out... thanks a lot.

Latest project:
Walk-Cycle
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting