Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 13-04-2005 , 05:47 PM

can we get more free tutorials? Like how do make a human.

Please....?

The wiseman asks himself for the reason of his mistakes, the fool asks others.
# 2 13-04-2005 , 07:08 PM
Subscriber
While I would like to see this also, I understand that it takes money to establish and maintain the website and the sibling Simply____ sites. I'm sure we'll see the occasional free tut appear, but have some sympathy the admins that run this site. user added image

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 13-04-2005 , 08:16 PM
Yes of course.. I really wana learn how to make a human, I am oly 14 yearsold, so it might be a bit hard, but I think Maya really rocks.. But i dont really wana know texturing, and animations and dynamics.. until I know modeling.

But of course i understand that it will take time and money to do this ( get more free tut`s ) so I will be patient user added image

The wiseman asks himself for the reason of his mistakes, the fool asks others.
# 4 13-04-2005 , 08:34 PM
Subscriber
Look around the web for HTML base tutorials.

I know that www.3Dtotal.com has pretty extensive human model tutorial. www.learningmaya.com also has links to several organic modeling tutorials. There are resources out there. You might also be able to talk your parents into getting a book on character modeling, animation, rigging, etc. Good and enjoy the ride.

[Edit] Not Maya specific, but nevertheless a good...lengthy tut: https://67.15.36.49/ffa/tutorials/max.../joanmenu.asp#

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."

Last edited by mhcannon; 13-04-2005 at 09:42 PM.
# 5 13-04-2005 , 09:30 PM
Subscriber
I think David (Admin) said a while back that they had more free tutorials planned for the future but that as in all things in life the people who pay the money have to come first so look out in the future

# 6 13-04-2005 , 11:33 PM
Subscriber
A sorta genaricc human tutorial would be cool.

There is a hole lot though that goes in to makeing had good human though in cg, after all a photoreal looking human that is convincing is still considered buy many to be the holy grail of all 3d.