Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 05-05-2005 , 06:19 PM

Ant in grass

hey guys - looking for comments/things that need fixing. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

www.ahearnart.com
aim: kaltnue303

JOIN THE 3D USERS MYSPACE GROUP:
https://groups.myspace.com/3DNERDS
# 2 05-05-2005 , 07:00 PM
I like it a lot!

The shadow looks a little funny though. I mean, the shadow for the head and body look ok but the leg shadows don't seem right. Because of that, the feet sort of look like they are floating. I'm having the same problem with a composite of my own. I think the leg shadows look fat compared to the legs themselves and they don't seem to extend down to the feet......

I just noticed that the shadow also looks bigger than the ant...? How did you do that?

Over all I still like it a lot user added image

# 3 05-05-2005 , 08:09 PM
I like it, nice rendering. But indeed the shadow looks a bit weird.

# 4 07-05-2005 , 07:11 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey thatsa cool scene you have going there but as already been said its just theshadow beneath the ant thats the offender in the image. Fix that and ya laughing all the way to the Finished work and the Gallery.

_J

# 5 12-05-2005 , 04:26 AM
the light source seems to be coming from behind the camera in the background, but on the ant, its coming from the top...

# 6 04-09-2005 , 04:47 PM
Nice. There seem no shadow under the hand from the ant. Isn't the grass paintfx or fur?

# 7 07-09-2005 , 11:37 PM
Subscriber
Hey dude, nice work user added image
The shadow does need a little fixing...
maybe less spread and maybe play with the angel
of the light source... because your character looks like it is floating just a little.

Keep it up bro.

user added image

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep - Scott Adams"

<b>Toxic Bunny</b>