Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 10-02-2007 , 04:47 PM

how to add grass

How i can add grass to this scene

- > user added image

I can add it with paint effect BUT it get really hard for my PC ... and it's almost impossible ... Another way is with texture grass but it's not stay natural like grass ... any other ideas ?

# 2 10-02-2007 , 05:04 PM
Another...rather tedius way...is to make lots of little polygon planes; 1x1 grid is fine...maybe scale them up so that they're 2-3 times as high (or more) than they are wide. Create a decent grass blade texture in photoshop (or even a flat green color will do), with an alpha channel around the blade of grass (or green).

Assign the grass texture to the plane, and duplicate it like mad...:mg:

# 3 10-02-2007 , 05:07 PM
Some one told me that i can make it with fur ... but i don't know how ?? any suggestions ... yeah that it probabby right about the duplication and etc... but will be masssssssss work ....( i don't have mind but .. )

# 4 10-02-2007 , 05:09 PM

# 5 10-02-2007 , 05:17 PM
Furs pretty much similar to aint effects on the rendering front so I probably wont help you out on your rendering problems.

If you mean it takes long to render then that just part of it, of you mean it slows your PC down in maya just lower the quality of the display for the paint effects, or add them to a sepperate layer and make it non visible.

Other than that if you want realistic grass your going to have to have long render times, thats part and parcel of creating something realisitc.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 6 11-02-2007 , 03:54 AM
Yeah the thing with making a plane set a grass texture to it and paint some grass on it then duplicate it and put it on the surface worked user added image 10x