Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 23-10-2003 , 08:57 PM
Subscriber

Gallery submission (?)

Finished at last. It was a first attempt to 'rig' a character, that took a lot of time, and still is not perfect, to put it mildly. Made a simple playblast of the head a few weeks ago, but now I'm finished ( tired;-)) with this character, already started a new one .

Chris

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 23-10-2003 , 09:38 PM
Subscriber
.. great work there NoTalent i like this as she looks kinda sweet .

P4 3.2 ATI 9800xt 256. 1gb ram 19"lcd ..
# 3 23-10-2003 , 11:26 PM
Pretty cool... I like.

...and that is how I saved the world.
# 4 24-10-2003 , 01:18 AM
I like the shoulder plates and the texture on the material. But the deformation of the elbow looks very strange, and now draws my eye to it instead of the rest of the model.

# 5 24-10-2003 , 05:08 PM
Subscriber
I know, icarus_uk, the elbow region doesn't look good at all, it was the first character that came this far for my hands. So I spend a long time to get the deformations right, think I should have used blendshapes instead.
Some day it will come out right, I hope! ;-)

Chris

# 6 24-10-2003 , 05:16 PM
I just realized the shadows could use a little work too in your render. user added image :bgreen:

...and that is how I saved the world.