Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 25-08-2008 , 12:07 AM

!!Texture View Problems!!

When I have a model that has a file texture on it and I press 6, it comes up fine, but then when I rotate or move the camera, it goes crazy. The model disappears and it turns into what looks like a huge thing of spikes coming from where the model used to be. They take up the whole screen and when i continue to move they just get worse.

If I press 5 or 4 this usually helps, but if i try to render out an image after that, the render thing comes up and the usual blue part is replaced by a mass of multicolored blocks.

The only way for me to fix this is saving my work, exiting maya, and restarting it. Then I can open up the file and render it really quick. This prevents me from doing batch renders so my short is ruined now.

This started happening when I updated to Maya 2008 from Maya 8.5. Or it might have been when I got a new graphics card, I am not sure though because I didn't use maya between the time of my new graphics card and getting 2008.

# 2 25-08-2008 , 07:20 AM
Lifetime Member
It sounds like a graphics card issue to me , what card are you using and also what driver ?

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner