Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 21-09-2013 , 06:03 PM

Maya 2012 objects won't cast shadows

So i'm totally new to maya, and I've been doing well so far in figuring out the program, but I'm starting to have major trouble.
none of the objects in my scene will cast a shadow on the ground!
I've tried looking at all of the help options and videos around, but nothing seems to be working.
I attached the file, but i really have no idea where you would start looking for the problem
Any help is appreciated!

Attached Files
File Type: zip legopaint.zip (882.1 KB, 403 views)
# 2 21-09-2013 , 09:19 PM
You should turn on ray tracking in the render globals as well as ray-traced shadows in your lightShape attributes. That should give you a simple result.

FX supervisor - double negative
# 3 21-09-2013 , 11:10 PM
I turned on ray-traced shadows for all of my lights, but i can't find render globals anywhere?

# 4 22-09-2013 , 12:03 AM
Bored but busy
Shadows worked for me using mental ray

# 5 22-09-2013 , 12:15 AM
Use the help to find render globals . .

FX supervisor - double negative