Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 21-02-2017 , 10:10 AM
Lifetime Member

Batman Tutorial

Would I be able to do the batman tutorial with ZbrushCore instead of the full zbrush? I know zBrushCore doesn't support GoZ for import / export. Will OBJ import / export be OK?

I don't do a lot of sculpting so wouldn't buy the full version of zbrush, but I'm getting a Wacom Intuos 4 and might as well get the version that ships with zbc.

# 2 21-02-2017 , 09:07 PM
SM Tea Boy
Hi yes you'll be fine with obj's i believe that's the way it's done in the tutorial.

All the best
David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 21-02-2017 , 09:08 PM
SM Tea Boy
Wait a few days though i've got somthing coming up you might just like.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 4 21-02-2017 , 10:03 PM
Lifetime Member

Wait a few days though i've got somthing coming up you might just like.

David user added image

Hi David, thanks. Is the something about zbrush or tablets? (or both?!)

# 5 22-02-2017 , 01:19 AM
SM Tea Boy
Well batman the body is coming out which is zbrush by Jason and Jays the man when it comes to that kind of thing. He's worked on some of the more impressive digital doubles that have been in A list movies of late. Really can't praise his work enough.

A new site will be along in a while and i know i keep saying it but it's 3am right now and i'm still at work user added image I should be finished this week. It will give you some more options when it comes to our content and for now i'll leave it at that.

David

# 6 23-02-2017 , 12:37 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
half loaf

sorry I just saw this thread. Yeah as David said, OBJs are fine, industry standard as always.

Ive never seen goZ used at a company yet, not once, thats Includes Framestore, ILM and Digital Domain. Keeping it simple is always the best bet.

cheers
Jay

# 7 23-02-2017 , 08:15 AM
Lifetime Member
Thanks Jay, good to know.

Jacques

# 8 23-02-2017 , 12:34 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
No problem, enjoy the tute

Jay