Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 04-08-2004 , 12:17 PM

T-Rex

Hi,

I'm fairly new to this website but I just wanted to take a second to say that I'm very impressed with Kurt's tutorials. Their very easy to follow and his methods of modelling are great. I love the Dog tutorial and I will post my version when its finished. I do have one question about this amazing looking T-Rex project. I was wondering if you will take it further then just the modelling? Will you show us how to texture it and maybe even rig the big beast.

I'm really looking forward to getting my T-Rex started because I've loved dinosaurs and always wanted to model one.

Thanks again Kurt

# 2 04-08-2004 , 02:02 PM
Kevin
yes and yes

the texturing DVD will follow the modeling one and the rig / animation one is also under way!

and thanks user added image

# 3 04-08-2004 , 02:16 PM
I love you guys...ahahah

Thanks

# 4 19-08-2004 , 01:40 PM
I'm just checking to see if there is any news on the relase of this wonderful looking tutorial. I'm dieing to start the beast.

# 5 19-08-2004 , 01:50 PM
Kevin
Yes, sadly there was a slight delay on the dvd which was beyond our control but I have been guarenteed the DVDS will be back to my company on the 31st of this month and I will send out all pre-orders that very day

Many thanks

# 6 19-08-2004 , 02:06 PM
Subscriber
Why do you sell these only has DVD and not also allow download? Is there any fiscal initiative to do so? Or you dont want to saturate the servers?

Personnaly, I am an impulsive buyer: when I want something, I want it right now and I reject anything that doesnt allow imediate gratification. I am sure I am not the only one like that and it would also give a quicker turn around to the new tutorial since you dont have to send them for print.

Just my 2 canadian cents...

# 7 19-08-2004 , 02:37 PM
Thanks for the info. I can always wait for a good thing.

# 8 19-08-2004 , 07:57 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by Mantat
Why do you sell these only has DVD and not also allow download? Is there any fiscal initiative to do so? Or you dont want to saturate the servers?

Personnaly, I am an impulsive buyer: when I want something, I want it right now and I reject anything that doesnt allow imediate gratification. I am sure I am not the only one like that and it would also give a quicker turn around to the new tutorial since you dont have to send them for print.

Just my 2 canadian cents...

Some people like downloads, some like DVDS so we try to cater for both

user added image

# 9 19-08-2004 , 08:04 PM
Subscriber
Wouldnt it be even better to allow the 2 options for any tutorials?

This way, even more people would be happy :-D

# 10 19-08-2004 , 09:32 PM
Kevin
yes this may be the case after a time, but when we order the DVDS we have between 1000 and 5000 done at once so need to sell as many as possible to avoid build up of old stock user added image