Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 03-12-2004 , 05:04 PM
Subscriber

25 fps

I have created a few second short animation an dI am trying to open it up in Adobe Encore.

When I created the animation, it was set at the default NTSC 29fps, but Encore wants it at 25fps.
I have tried changing it in the preferences but this is not working, after it renders, it's properties say the it is still 29fps.

How can I change this?

# 2 03-12-2004 , 09:58 PM
My guess is that Encore is set to PAL, and not NTSC (PAL is 25fps). I would figure out how to change that. The problem is likely in Encore, not Maya.

# 3 03-12-2004 , 10:18 PM
Subscriber
I want it in PAL though.

# 4 03-12-2004 , 10:24 PM
I'm confused.

You are rendering out of Maya at 29 fps, but want to convert it to 25 fps? Is that correct? What are you using to compile your Maya frames into a movie file, or is that what Encore does? Sounds like you need to find an Encore user group web site.

# 5 03-12-2004 , 10:33 PM
Subscriber
Yes that is correct.

I have rendered it at 29fps and want it at 25fps, this is because encore will only accept files that are 25fps and have a resolution of 720 x 576 on PAL.

I have tried going into the preferences in Maya and changing the time to 25fps but it still renders as 29fps.

I only realised it wasn't at Pal 25fps after I had finished animating.

"What are you using to compile your Maya frames into a movie file".
I am not quite sure qhat you mean. I am rendering it as an avi file, and then hopefully using this in Adobe Encore.

Encore is a program for making DVD's.
I am making an interactive dvd for a uni project.

# 6 03-12-2004 , 10:58 PM
Oh, I see. I've never rendered an avi out of Maya. If you have Quicktime Pro, or after effects, or premier or something like that, you can try rendering frames and then converting the image sequence to an avi that way. I'm not sure if Maya can render an avi at 25 fps. Sorry.