Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 22-11-2003 , 01:55 PM

My first 3D gig

Yup, I have made sort of a break into the industry. Not exactly the way I thought it would happen. I am writing a chapter on MEL to a Maya book to be released early next year. I will try to write it to a 3D artist instead of to a programmer. The emphasis will be on how easily one can start enjoying the power of MEL...

The book is tentatively titled: Maya|Exotic Tools. There will be contributors doing chapters from ILM and other well known shops/developers. I can't go too deep into the specifics but all in all it is a nice project to be part of.

Wish me luck since the time schedule is pretty tight...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 2 22-11-2003 , 02:11 PM
Subscriber
Congrats Mr. K sounds sweet. will have to read that.. I like the titel

# 3 22-11-2003 , 04:49 PM
Subscriber
Sounds great! Good luck with it and be sure to let us know when it's out.

# 4 22-11-2003 , 06:14 PM
Subscriber
That’s great news K-Man you deserve a bit of a break. You must also be petty darned good at Mel to be writing for a book and rubbing shoulders with the likes of ILM employees.

Not that I am saying there are no talented people out there other than ILM employees - your comission proves my point!

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 5 23-11-2003 , 12:48 AM
Congratulations buddy!

# 6 23-11-2003 , 03:36 AM
Subscriber
Allways good to hear of poeple landing good work and that sounds great, the sort of gig that may well lead to more opportunities too.

Congratulations and good luck!

# 7 23-11-2003 , 09:49 PM
Subscriber

Good news

Good luck, "head down, full speed ahead" !

All the best Scraggy

# 8 25-11-2003 , 12:53 AM
Subscriber
That is Great News good luck. If this works out maybe you will get more to do.:p

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 9 25-11-2003 , 09:33 AM
Thanks guys. It's going to be a hectic few weeks for me. I have to put all my free time on this but I am going to pull it off just because this is the only glimplse of light in the dark tunnel of getting in to the industry.

If you have any questions that have been bugging your mind about MEL, place them here. No matter how noob they may sound. I am trying to dispel the myth of MEL being a difficult thing to learn, which is IMHO not true. MEL should be just another tool in your Maya toolbox...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 10 05-12-2003 , 06:02 AM
Thats cool. Never can have to many books about MEL out there.