Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 04-04-2009 , 11:17 AM

Cannot find Polygon Sphere Options

heji,

i'm a beginner in maya, and i'm trying to learn it by myself, with a book. Now i'm at a loss with somethin the book told me. :headbang:
It says: go to create/polygon primitives/spehre and open the optionsbox.
but i find a optionbox nowhere. where is it.

maybe someone could tell me quickly. i would be truly grateful

(i'm just at the beginning of the book^^):attn:

nianto

edit. i work with autodesk maya 2008 for mac (maybe it's important to know^^)

Last edited by nianto; 04-04-2009 at 11:27 AM.
# 2 04-04-2009 , 11:35 AM
The option box is the little square just to the right of the word sphere in the drop down menu. Click on it and the option box menu will open. Good luck with your studys!

# 3 04-04-2009 , 11:47 AM
aaah 'bangs head on the desk*

never thougt about this little box, didn't know, it's the option box^^

thank you very much (i guess you will hear from me again the next days user added image
-it's so much fun, cannot wait to learn more

# 4 04-04-2009 , 11:53 AM
It's ok, we all have to start at some point knowing nothing and it can be quite daunting at first with a program as complex as Maya, don't worry, with a lot of determination and practice it'll get easier. Good luck!

# 5 04-04-2009 , 12:14 PM
what can be the problem if i can't activate the points of a sphere individually, just the whole sphere? (want to use the soft modification tool for some points)

# 6 04-04-2009 , 12:18 PM
Have you tried to select the sphere, right click and hold, a marking menu comes up with the options to select faces, edges, vertices etc? You can then select the vertices and control them individually.

# 7 04-04-2009 , 12:40 PM
Here some useful tips:
1) Press "space" and quick release it, you can alternate the view ports using it

2) Press "space" and hold, it will open a menu.

3) Press "f" while selecting a object (can be vertices, edges and faces) it will focus on the desired object.

# 8 04-04-2009 , 01:28 PM
that's what came out of the soft modification tool: user added image

i wasn't able to pull out strings/strangs (don't now what's called in english), just make such bows or curves.

what did i wrong?

(another question: what do i have to do to get this box/square around my objekt?)

ah and what does the "S" mean??

Last edited by nianto; 06-04-2009 at 03:52 PM.