Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 29-05-2009 , 12:54 PM

eyelashes advice

Hi,

just wondering how other users have made.

I've just modelled them - 50 eyelashes each for upper and lower lids, left and right. Simple polygon geometry. They look ok and intersect with the face geometry.

I was going to try later and wrap deform them to the head, so they would follow the blend shapes for blink etc.

Not too familar with this kind of flow and wondered what you would do - does my idea sound like a good one?

cheers

gubar

# 2 29-05-2009 , 01:36 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
Personally I would just extrude the eyelid (or have one separate piece of geometry) and then use texturing/bump mapping/transparency for the eye lashes

# 3 29-05-2009 , 01:44 PM
Hi,

I've used transparent geometry before and want much more realism this time, actual modelled lashes look a lot better.

Thanks for the suggestion though,

cheers

gubar