Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 04-02-2003 , 12:14 PM
Kevin

Mythological Gods - Kevin - Normal

right I fancy a pop at this one..

Im going for Pegasus.

# 2 04-02-2003 , 12:42 PM
Subscriber
Cool user added image

I think that's a good choise.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" A.Einstein
# 3 04-02-2003 , 01:29 PM
Kevin
need a side view for my reference user added image

so drew this up (without wings) they will go on after.

sorry about the nasty black pen but my dam scanner for some reason isnt seeing pencil user added image

# 4 04-02-2003 , 01:44 PM
Hey wait a minute! Pegasus wasn't a god! (^_^)

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 5 04-02-2003 , 01:54 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by NitroLiq
Hey wait a minute! Pegasus wasn't a god! (^_^)

Pegasus was an immortal winged horse in Greek mythology. He was the offspring of Medusa, a monstrous, snake-haired woman, and Poseidon, god of horses and of the sea. The hero Perseus slew Medusa by cutting off her head. Pegasus sprang full-grown either from her head or neck, or from the blood from her neck.

The hero Bellerophon wanted to tame Pegasus. A prophet advised him to sleep on the altar of the goddess Athena. There, Bellerophon dreamed that the goddess gave him a golden bridle and ordered him to make a sacrifice to Poseidon. When he awoke, Bellerophon found a bridle on the altar. He sacrificed a bull to Poseidon and later came upon Pegasus at a spring, waiting to be bridled.

Bellerophon rode Pegasus on many adventures. Their most famous feat was destroying the fire-breathing Chimera. Bellerophon attempted to ride Pegasus up to Mount Olympus, the heavenly home of the gods. Zeus, king of the gods, was angered by the mortal's presumption in attempting to reach the heavens. Zeus sent a gadfly to sting Pegasus. The horse bucked, throwing Bellerophon down to earth and permanently crippling him. Pegasus arrived on Olympus without a rider. The horse remained there, carrying Zeus's lightning and thunderbolts, and becoming the constellation of the same name. A kick from his hoof created the fountain of Hippocrene, the source of poetic inspiration.

---------------------------------

well I guess he was a gods sidekick? - lol

any way Im just here for the modeling fun - Ill move it into wips if I get complaints user added image

# 6 04-02-2003 , 03:35 PM
Ok, I'm just trying to prevent a "Mythological Gods" challenge turning into "Mythological beasts," as I noticed you were modelling Pegasus and Garry was modelling Charon. Both are a part of mythology but not "Gods" per se. Also, JB, I think mentioned Sauron, which isn't historical mythology at all. Sorry, if I'm sounding like the mythology police (or just a plain dork)...."Mythological Gods" is such a specific topic for the challenge. Changing it to "Mythology" alone would open the doors to many more creatures. Otherwise, I think people need to stick within the boundaries of "Gods." And there are TONS of them what with all the beliefs in the world, both past and present.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."

Last edited by NitroLiq; 04-02-2003 at 03:37 PM.
# 7 04-02-2003 , 03:36 PM
Subscriber
Horsie anatomy!
This could be interesting user added image
(I think horses are quite a challenge, not impossible of course, but a special task imho)

Good Luck!

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 8 04-02-2003 , 03:36 PM
Kevin
ok nitro..point taken... moving to wips

# 9 04-02-2003 , 05:26 PM
Kevin
Oh well, although its not a god Im still going to finish this up as I really want to do the wings as that would be a hell of a challenge user added image

right... I had just pulled out the basic shape... now to start the head/ mouth/eye area and a bit of shaping user added image

user added image

user added image

# 10 04-02-2003 , 05:31 PM
Great start KEV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 11 04-02-2003 , 06:14 PM
The Maya Mountain
Besides, Kev can't win anyway. LOL user added image

Grat start, Kevin!

# 12 05-02-2003 , 04:09 AM
hey kevin.

good to see you back. i forgot you even knew how to do any of this stuff. oh. good stuff mate.

# 13 05-02-2003 , 06:28 AM
Subscriber
Great Start!

Say, maybe it's hips are a bit too small?

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 14 05-02-2003 , 07:35 AM
Subscriber
wow, kevin cant even win yet he is 1 step ahead of all the compedators user added image. Heheh, great job so far Kevin. I will be checking back frequently for updates.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 15 05-02-2003 , 09:39 AM
Subscriber
Looking good kevin....one thing is the comp title Mythological gods or creatures? as i dont mean to be funny but Pegasus was not a god so can it be anything to do with mythology like cyclops medusa etc pls dont read this the wrong user added image