Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 09-08-2003 , 07:08 PM
Subscriber

GUN model.

Hello.

I'm working on this atm moment. The normals are annoying me - it's a bit shiny so I'll post a wire in a sec.

C+C.

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 09-08-2003 , 07:12 PM
Subscriber
And here's that shaded/wire mode

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 09-08-2003 , 07:20 PM
Very nice. As you say its a bit too shiney. And maybe adding some screws into the handle to give it that manufactured look?

# 4 09-08-2003 , 07:26 PM
Subscriber
Hi!

thanks for the reply. the render was a test to see what was up with the odd tessalation (NORMALS-soft/hard). It's still WIP and I have yet to finish the barrel/bullet/gripsurface+texturing. user added image The render is a shonky 1 minute HDRI MR image.

# 5 10-08-2003 , 01:48 AM
Subscriber
If that is a 'classic' .38 (looks like an early Taurus M85 or similar manufacturer but I might be wrong and it could be the original S and W) then the back part of the main body is perpendicular to the rest of it, the handle itself comes out at an angle - naturally really as it is a seperate piece - but the main body is virtually flat as it is a single piece of engineering (the body is formed from pressed plates).

It just looks a bit curved up one way on your model, but it might just be the angle. I attach a piccy with an arrow showing where I mean. Might come from extruding the grip from the main body of course.

Has a good shape overall. Are you doing steel frame w/ wood grip or a later version?

Attached Images