SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / gizmo scale problem..

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

18-07-2006, 01:58 AM   #1
nublicon

gizmo scale problem..
i am having a problem with my gizmo (move, scale, rotate tool) not fitting in the window i am working in when working with my mesh. with the move tool i can grab one of the bars and drag but the scale tool wont work unless i grab an end. also the rotate gizmo isnt showing up when i try and rotate a joint of my skeleton... i can try and rotate the joint itself but i cant control the direction of the rotation.

any ideas?

also how can i change the color of my background when i want to render my scene?

thx in advance!
18-07-2006, 02:19 AM   #2
esion

Well im not sure if this will help, but +/- keys make the manipulator larger and smaller...give that a try...

As for certain ones not showing up, it might be the scale of the manipulator and it just being too large...

As for the background color, try View > Camera Attribute Editor>Environment>Background color. (you can also add an image there too)
18-07-2006, 03:33 AM   #3
nublicon

w00t!

that was exactly it, thx esion!! :attn:
18-07-2006, 03:38 AM   #4
esion

Anytime...I try to solve the problems that I can...