Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 16-11-2005 , 10:09 PM
Lifetime Member

Nov/Dec - Noob - MarkeMark

I'm going to keep it very simple as I don't have a lot of time but I still want to keep my hand in on Maya. I plan to create a still life of these simple objects which I found on my desk at home.

These three objects have quite a nice selection of clean and rough surfaces which I aim to re-create in Maya, even down to the composition and shadows.

Mark user added image

# 2 16-11-2005 , 10:10 PM
Lifetime Member
And here is the image in question...

Mark user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 16-11-2005 , 11:03 PM
19 year Veteran
Markemark, (where have I heard that name before?) There is nothing challenging about what you want to enter. I reccomend going for something industrial. Something with moving parts mabe?

# 4 17-11-2005 , 09:15 AM
Lifetime Member
I thought the challenge to was to make the objects as real as possible. That in itself is a MASSIVE challenge and I usually try for complex and difficult challenges and never complete them.

If I have time I will add more desktop objects as I go.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Mark user added image

# 5 17-11-2005 , 10:48 AM
19 year Veteran
Mike could very well chime in on this. I reccomend you post your idea in the challenge rules thread and see what he thinks.

# 6 17-11-2005 , 11:34 AM
Lifetime Member
I haven't used Maya in a while and would like a simple challenge to ease myself back into it. I'm also doing a lot a tutorials to try and catch up.

Those new texturing tuts look amazing!!

Mark user added image