Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 08-01-2004 , 12:13 PM
Subscriber

Attaching an object

Hey guys...gotta question...i would like to animate a lo poly game character and the character will be wielding a pole...i want the character to run and stick one end of the pole to the ground and swing up on it like a pole vault..although it will be for a kick move.
How would i attach the pole to her hand during the animation and make it freely movable too....also i may want her to pass the pole to her other hand.
I have done a little looking for a tute but im thinking i must be missing a term used in this kinda thing...any help appreciated...thx.

"Hear That Thunder"!!
# 2 08-01-2004 , 12:31 PM
Subscriber
you need to use the parent constraint in the animtion menu set
with a locator
then parent the locator to the wrist
if you do the same for the other arm itll be constraint to both arms then just play with the weight value to which ever hand you want to pass it to
--
i hope that helps

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 3 08-01-2004 , 02:24 PM
Subscriber
Thx Mumbo...probably the tutes i browsed through were under the term "constraints" or something but i had no idea...ill look into that asap, thankyou very much for the help.

"Hear That Thunder"!!