Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 07-01-2010 , 02:52 AM
Subscriber

Clash of the Titans

....Ok....did anyone Just see the world premier of the trailer for Clash of the Titans on the Peoples Choice awards?

Omg....I'd heard the scorpion in the movie was tits..and it is...will be.....but ..the Kraken!!!...balls to the walls men, and women....will be a must see movie

G-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 2 07-01-2010 , 06:00 AM
EduSciVis-er
I don't know which trailers I saw, but it does look really cool.

The only thing I don't get though is why every historical epic requires british accents. Seriously, it's ancient greek. Anyway, maybe a few people from the UK can comment. user added image Please don't take this the wrong way, I'd rather that way than american accents :p Just puzzles me is all.

# 3 07-01-2010 , 06:25 AM
Subscriber
Its probably hard to have greek accents, while speaking english or any form?
Just a thought on the matter.

G-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 4 07-01-2010 , 10:56 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
I believe because Greece is in Europe and english is probably the best and clear vocal for them to use from a European point of view instead of people with hard accents. I know Sam Worthington is an Aussie but he hasnt got a harsh accent.

Well it always pisses alot of English people off that in American movies, the villain always has a british accent, so can someone answer me that...why is that?

Jay

# 5 07-01-2010 , 11:45 AM
The Nurb Herd
clash of the titans is making my last couple of weeks in data wrangling a real pain in the neck... roll on 3d commercials user added image

# 6 07-01-2010 , 11:46 AM
LOL Commercials are worse time wise.

I think we've nearly finished on Clash here

Jay

# 7 07-01-2010 , 12:44 PM
Subscriber
I hate you guys - I would have loved to work on "Clash" as the 80`s one is one of my fav movies of all time.

Saw the trailer before Homes and Avatar - Looks soooo cool.

On another note met Sam Worthington in London the other week - was a real nice guy. Spent about 20 min talking about his fav films in a bar in Soho. He dose not sound like a Aussie at all.

# 8 07-01-2010 , 05:33 PM
EduSciVis-er

Originally posted by Jay
Well it always pisses alot of English people off that in American movies, the villain always has a british accent, so can someone answer me that...why is that?

I think I can answer that. You need an intelligent villain, otherwise there's no threat, and british accents sound more intelligent, more refined.

# 9 07-01-2010 , 05:40 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
The British accent is a myth
England has a very diverse set of accents in a very small space. Yorkshire and Lancashire are right next to each other and both have very different accents. I've lived on the border all my life and it still amazes me.

Having said that, I quite like the myth

# 10 07-01-2010 , 05:46 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Jay

To quote the parents of South Park......Blame Canada?

LoL

Nah, i have to agree with swert. British villains sound more intelligent then some American bloak saying " A` Holmes....Lets go kill us som` G's down 'n de hood. den we can axe da man fo some billz y0"

another good reason...Most of the good actors to come to light recently are either brits or ausies......and to top it off...Alot of Americans find a British accent Damn sexy....i know i do...Hell give Diane Kruger or Kate Beckensale a phone book and a chair, and I'd listen to her read it all day long...with wood!.. well, her accent isn't the only reason for the later but...lol.

G-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 11 07-01-2010 , 09:53 PM
Im glad I live in the south of England in beautiful Kent. We dont need subtitles when we speak.

G-Man, you forgot Rachel Weisz

# 12 07-01-2010 , 10:32 PM
Subscriber
o00o0 you're right...i did..!....

g-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 13 08-01-2010 , 07:16 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Jay
Im glad I live in the south of England in beautiful Kent. We dont need subtitles when we speak.

G-Man, you forgot Rachel Weisz

Nice aint it in Kent - no worries at all - well unless your from Wales like me - then nobody understands you

# 14 08-01-2010 , 10:18 PM
Tweety

Well the world is a small place mate. My lot are from Wales and also New York. My Dads side are from Mountain Ash in the Valleys, hence the name Edwards too, so thats a bit of a giveaway, and my mum lot are stateside. But I grew up in hertfordshire and moved to Kent where the world is a better place...except for the damn snow right now!!

Im just down the road from you in Tonbridge, and our other member here GioChrono is in Tunbridge Wells

Best
Jay

# 15 08-01-2010 , 10:57 PM
Subscriber
I wanna move to England, that's where all the cool people are!
....Though, i hear that over time you pick up the accent of the native's and Jay has already advised me that i woudl do better not to speak her majesties royal english?

G-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!