Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 16-09-2007 , 06:40 AM
Subscriber

using image plane to model environment

I have two computers and usually eyeball all the pieces in my model from a pic of the environment on one screen. I saw a tutorial where a guy used the perspective view and modeled it all in the perspective view. He lined up and modeled out everything making the model this way. Is this easier.

# 2 16-09-2007 , 07:17 AM
Yes

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 16-09-2007 , 08:49 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by gster123
Yes

isn't there a rule of forums that your reply has to be 10 characters long...

:p

# 4 16-09-2007 , 09:44 AM
Ok I'll elaborate a bit on that.

Yes its easier to model with a reference in your scene rarther than on another PC etc as you can directly relate to it for positioning/scaling and rotations.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 16-09-2007 , 11:06 AM
Subscriber

Re: using image plane to model environment

Originally posted by banksta
I have two computers and usually eyeball all the pieces in my model from a pic of the environment on one screen. I saw a tutorial where a guy used the perspective view and modeled it all in the perspective view. He lined up and modeled out everything making the model this way. Is this easier.

sounds like an intresting tutorial can you give us link to it?

# 6 16-09-2007 , 11:25 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by gster123
Ok I'll elaborate a bit on that.

Yes its easier to model with a reference in your scene rarther than on another PC etc as you can directly relate to it for positioning/scaling and rotations.

ok, this was way over 10 characters... but nice written.
you should write a book about it.

user added image

greets

user added image