Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 20-11-2002 , 09:02 PM
Subscriber

Starship

Here are a few pics of a starship from one of the early 80's cartoon shows. C & C would be welcome.

P.S. Sorry about the lighting.

~GateKeeper
Not really certified not really new!
# 2 20-11-2002 , 09:04 PM
Subscriber

Frontal view

Here is the frontal view

~GateKeeper
# 3 20-11-2002 , 09:05 PM
Subscriber

Isometric

Here is an isometric view.

~GateKeeper
# 4 20-11-2002 , 09:26 PM
Subscriber
Looks cool!
I wonder what the scale is.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 5 20-11-2002 , 10:08 PM
Subscriber
It's 1/10 the size of the ship in inches. The ship is supposed to be 3600 feet and the model comes out to about 360 units. I had to break out a ruler and a calculator to get the heights and widths for the different areas. Its about as mathimatically close to the original as I can make it.

~GateKeeper
# 6 20-11-2002 , 10:15 PM
Supreme Being
it's a cool begginin' man.. :p
keep it up!

# 7 20-11-2002 , 10:44 PM
No Way!!! Are you modelling SDF-1 from Robotech!?!, heheh if you are, AWESOME, if not, hehe thats okay too, but yeah, keep us updated, it looks great so far! user added image

Cheers,
Imperator

# 8 21-11-2002 , 12:08 AM
Subscriber
Imperator you hit the proverbial nail on the head. This is indeed a model for teh Robotech version of the SDF-1. I'm surprised anyone recognized it without the central command deck. (Need to merge the two sides after I'm done then add the deck to it.)

~GateKeeper
# 9 21-11-2002 , 01:32 AM
Subscriber
freeeeekin' awesome!!! i would surely like to the see the final result

# 10 21-11-2002 , 03:38 AM
Subscriber

Brain....Hurting

Thanks for the support guys. I hope I can finish this up problem is that I have finals and what not comming up and I have a laundry list of stuff I need to finish before Finals. ... I hate putting this on the back burner.

user added image

~GateKeeper
# 11 22-11-2002 , 11:51 PM
*grins* Well man, good luck i know what being busy is like, i am trying to pull together a portfolio for a 3d art school i will most likely attending in Feb. While working a Full-Time and a Part-Time Job. user added image. But i would love to see the finished model, and who knows, i might have some time to get a Mecha model done (hopefully a Veritech or perhaps a larger Mech like the Mac-10 (big green tall mech thing with 4 cannons above its head?)) And we might be able to get a small Robotech scene going here user added image lol. Just need to find a good cell shader that looks like the cartoon user added image.

Alrighty, i must be off for yet another bout of double shifts, but expect some stuff from me before Tuesday!. Keep up the good work and keep on Modelling! user added image

Cheers user added image ,
Imperator

# 12 23-11-2002 , 01:15 AM
Subscriber
I think a Robotech scene would be awesome. I was thinking of doing a veritech sometime after I get this model done and try my hand at animating them doing a flyby. Maybe try modeling a Raidar X or something and having it walk across the hull as the ship goes by. Eh but thats a long way away.

user added image

~GateKeeper
# 13 28-11-2002 , 05:24 PM
what you might what to do is add a docking bay. one that shows the ships flying there way out.

# 14 06-12-2002 , 01:14 AM
Subscriber

Freeeeeedoooooom!

Okay guys I've finished the semester and am ready to jump back in on this project! I've finished adding all the major detail for the majority of the ship. The only thing its missing now is the central section (goes between the engines) and the command and control tower. I might also go back and bevel some of the edges to round out the model. (Just read the newbie post about rounding edges and am anxious to see how it looks.)

Raul - I couldn't find a picture that showed a good picture of the docking bays. I'll keep surfing the net until I find one though.

~GateKeeper
# 15 06-12-2002 , 01:16 AM
Subscriber
Here is another isometric

~GateKeeper