# 16 13-11-2007 , 05:17 PM
Subscriber
a good thing to check your unmerged edges fast is to xray your model

google xray mell

and then switch on see border edges.

Very fast and easy to see your problems

# 17 13-11-2007 , 05:20 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the tip Aiko. I'll check it out.

Did you notice something about the model that indicated this is an issue or is it just the fact that I'm always stumbling over unmerged verts and such?

:bow:

# 18 18-11-2007 , 10:11 PM
Subscriber
It's a damn good tut isn't it? You learn SO much. Well worth the money, heck I would have still be happy if I'd paid twice as much! I just got up to lesson 18 or so last night, it's been alot of fun so far.

# 19 19-11-2007 , 01:53 AM

Originally posted by james_s
Snipes -- thanks for the reference pic! I have just been following the tutorial and hadn't checked out the model vs. real-life yet. I'm still in the stages of trying to learn the modeling process itself and have been far more concerned about "how" to make the model than what it actually looks like.

Now that I'm far enough along to feel like I could actually have a model of a helicopter someday (after I finish the next 20 tutorial sessions) I can see why I might want to try and get it at least "mostly right".

You are absolutely correct about the tube and I'll be sure to get it fixed.

Thanks for the input. This is a great site because it's obvious that folks like you take an interest in the success of us noobs.

user added image

Heh, im no pro either, its just that at school, every teacher is pushing that we have good observation skills, which is understandable. And i noticed that on ur model, so i thought id tell u user added image