Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 17-11-2007 , 05:33 AM
Subscriber

Time consuming renders questions

Hey guys,

Well as some of you may know, i am going to get my new computer sometime this week, so i wanna compare it to my older computer. Anyone wanna share some light with me about, how to totally increase the minutes/hours of renders.

Such as like adding final gather and bumping it up to 100,000 , or have 100,000 photons emitting from light. I wanna try something crazy such as something which would take around 30mins-2hours of rendering time if possible.

Also if you know a place, or would provide me with a big large render file that would be good user added image

Thanks again,

Marlon

# 2 17-11-2007 , 06:05 AM
Yeah you can have my Gibson Les Paul model and crank up the photons!

Edit or a character with hair, render it in mantal ray single shot and it will crach your PC (as your on 32 bit)

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 17-11-2007 , 06:36 AM
Subscriber
abmient light and crank up the radius and the raytracing

A great mod for Jedi academy www.moviebattles.com

Computer Rig-

64-bit vista
23.5 inch LCD + a 19 inch
Q6600 intell qaud
4 gigs of ddr2 ram
8800GTS 512 video card @700mhz
# 4 17-11-2007 , 12:03 PM
Subscriber
steve, you still got that old heap of a guitar hanging around.., when the hell you going to learn to play it user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 5 18-11-2007 , 12:52 PM
Subscriber
@ Steve - Yeah i might just try grab it off you once i get the new computer if you don't mind. Also what were them specs, that you rendered it with last time? HOPE it wont crash :p

@ Solomon - Cool, thanks ill add that to my list user added image

# 6 19-11-2007 , 03:39 PM
19 year Veteran
marlonjohn, your not approaching the FG/GI process in a reasonable manner. You shouldn't want to use it for the sake of a long render. I try to avoid long render times as much as possible. But if you must then---- really heavy scenes will increase render times quite a bit. Any high setting will increase a render time. The down side is that an exaggerated setting may cause unnexpected results or a bad quality render. I suggest learning the application better, then compare results with your old PC.

Just my 2 cents mate. user added image