Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 14-01-2003 , 06:13 PM

color scheme

hi, this forum is really great, but to color scheme appears a bit cold und uninspired to me. i come from the xsi base forum, and the colors are so warm and friendy there.
the contrast between text and background makes topics easier to read.

it would be really great if you could edit the colorscheme !!this color scheme for example makes it possible to surf quite long withouth getting eyestrain

so long
.zAPHOd.oNe.

# 2 14-01-2003 , 07:09 PM
SM Tea Boy
Light Grey, Dark Grey and Red sorry mate not a fan of the XSI Base colour scheme.

Version 2 of this site will be released in the next 2 months or so it will include skins for the site and the forum until then its going to stay as it is.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"

# 3 14-01-2003 , 07:26 PM
Kevin
have to agree here as well mate..Im not over keen on that red/grey either.. infact we did try that once..

and as dave said.. we are working on skins for this site so the user well be able to pick there favorite skin user added image

and that white text on the grey background is I think harder to read then the text here... but hey, each to there own mate user added image

# 4 15-01-2003 , 02:38 PM
Subscriber
i reckon the xsibase one looks a bit bland really, but i can see where the "warmth" comes from user added image

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com

# 5 15-01-2003 , 03:00 PM
Can't wait to customize my SM experience guys!

Lookin forward to it!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com

# 6 15-01-2003 , 07:46 PM

Originally posted by Nem
...i can see where the "warmth" comes from user added image

user added image tell me, where does the "warmth" come from ? I`m really interested ind your anwer,
thank you

so long
.zAPHOd.oNe.

# 7 16-01-2003 , 07:33 AM
Kevin
well mate, red normally represents fire and blues the sea or cold feeling... so i think it just "feels" that way..

now if fire was purple and water pink.. it might be a diferent story..

but they do say ... if you put ablind man in a blue room against a red one then there is something in this..

I have no blind person available right now but I am interested in the results here... personally I think its a load of bull but.....

# 8 16-01-2003 , 12:28 PM
Subscriber
Yeah, I must say that I prefer this colour scheme of the one at XSI. But the idea of skins is, ummm... I like it! Will they be fully customisable or will it be that the user can pick any one of ten schemes?

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP

# 9 16-01-2003 , 12:33 PM
Kevin
we will add probably 3 set skins.... so on the click of a button the whole site well totally change, they wont be totally customisable as I think places like that look pretty awfull!

but the skins will rock! user added image

all differnt colour to some dark - medium - light

# 10 16-01-2003 , 12:35 PM
I like the current scheme other wise but the black text on the darker purple background is sometimes a little hard to read.

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!

# 11 16-01-2003 , 12:41 PM
its definitley hard to read... even on my bright tft

so long
.zAPHOd.oNe.

# 12 16-01-2003 , 01:19 PM
Kevin
hmmm must be just me then cos I find it so easy to read... wouldnt want to view it on a tft though.

# 13 16-01-2003 , 01:29 PM
i dont know if its only you but as there is low contrast between purple background and black text it is obviously not really good good to read.

so long
.zAPHOd.oNe.

# 14 16-01-2003 , 01:49 PM
SM Tea Boy
Well it might be obvious to you but it looks fine from were im sitting however we have already said we will be adding skins to the site in the future so you will have a greater choice

Closing this now as its been answered.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"