Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 02-06-2003 , 02:48 PM

how to break up ocean shader

Hi all,

I spent some time on this one and so far I didn't manage to brake up this regular pattern look of Ocean shader?

Id like to do a shot from high above looking down on sea surface but it looks so artificial and pattern... I don't know. I tried mapping some fractals on various places and you mange to do little variation but I just cant seem to find a way to make sea look more photoreal. Right now I'm thinking of doing in some alternative way, with some displacement map...etc.

Any info would be great,
Thanx

Kiki
# 2 02-06-2003 , 02:52 PM
try making your ocean as a nurbs plane, and move the isoparms to create irregularity in the surface.

when you apply the shader / texture to the surface, the shader should conform to flow with the isoparms of the surface..

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 3 02-06-2003 , 03:06 PM
hmm..smart...I dint think of this one. Ill try.

Kiki