Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 20-10-2003 , 09:43 PM
Exactly. I had a scene I started in 4.5 and it rendered fine untill I copied it a bunch of times to try to get it to error. I had like 15 the errors started and at 21 copies and then It finally went. What was you RAM usage when you got those errors? I noticed it would get up to like 1.5 and it would go. Batch render worked though without the errors and the RAM climbed to like 1.7 gig.

# 17 22-10-2003 , 03:23 AM
try setting a limit for the job size... Unless your not using Mental Ray.... then I'm not sure what you do... hehe user added image

...and that is how I saved the world.
# 18 22-10-2003 , 10:17 PM
???. OK I will sound like I do not know what I am doing but what do you mean? I am using Mental Ray

# 19 22-10-2003 , 10:19 PM
there is an area in Mental Ray Globals for setting the size limit of the Render Job. Like how much RAM Mental Ray can use or something like that.

# 20 22-10-2003 , 10:24 PM
There is a memory and performance option but they do not make sense to me what the numbers mean. If you know could you help me out. There is a Memory and acceleration that you can set at BPS or GRID or something like that and then some number. Not sure what they mean. There also is a memory area that is default at -1. Not sure what to set them to.

# 21 23-10-2003 , 01:23 AM
Well as far as the memory area is concerned leave virtual at -1 and set physical to whatever you think is reasonable given the amount of ram you have. Set it in megabytes. Like 512 or 256 or whatever just don't put the entire amount of RAM you have.

The BPS and GRID settings have to do with the renderer. Just leave them alone. I do anyway. user added image

Hope it works for you.