Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 10-09-2007 , 03:47 AM
Subscriber
oops I forgot we could post here somehow! haha

Thanks a ton, all! user added image

It was an honor competing with you guys! There were some awesome entries all around :bow:

As a model, I think I liked Jay's the most. It's technically the most advanced. Expertly done, man.

Legolas, I really like the mood in your piece. Polish up the meshes and refine the lighting a bit and it'll be one rockin' folio piece.

As a story, I liked Joopson's. It could use more polish on the realization, but I thought it was a really fun and original concept. It's easy to relate to dressing up like ninjas or pirates or superheroes or a woman - oops... awkward... :p
Hopefully I'll see ya'll on the battlefield again! user added image

# 17 10-09-2007 , 08:07 AM
COOL!
Well done all of you.
What can I say, I loved funky's pirate, I'm glad you got the first place, budy.
Now let's see the next one!

# 18 10-09-2007 , 12:20 PM
Subscriber
Congrats funky!

Man this challenge had a heap of good entries, lets hope we can double that amount for the next ...

Just on a side note Mike, when were emailed by things such as big announcements like new tutorial releases and that, you reckon it would also be good to have it for things like the winners of the challenge, or the vote poll? Incase people forgot or something like that.

Cheers all,

Marlon

# 19 10-09-2007 , 07:12 PM
Subscriber

Summer Challenge Winners!

congrats funky nice job and i must say urs was my fav...

# 20 12-09-2007 , 06:08 PM
Congratulations Funky Bunnies!!! Awesome modeling and texturing work. You did a great job!

Also congrats to you Legolas and Jay for placing in the top 3. You both did a great job as well.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 21 14-09-2007 , 06:49 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Thanks Funky Bunnies for the kind words...

Technically the best or not, you were the worthy winner my friend for sure, hence my voting for you too!

thanks to all the other guys for voting too...

Cheers
Jay

# 22 15-09-2007 , 08:50 PM

Congratulations

hi folks..........
Great work, i really luv those work..........great