Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 14-09-2008 , 03:14 PM

Rendering Network

I saw that thing once in which you 'donate' your PC's CPU while you're not using it in order to run simulations for cancer research.
Is there a way to do something like that with renders? Have a network of multiple computers to preform a render?
If so then: can you do it over the internet and what(how fast) internet connection do you need(how fast)?
do both computers need to have Maya installed?

(Won't it be awesome to have something like a P2P network with the members of this site or even bigger, for this purpose?)
Thanks in advance,
Benny

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)
# 2 14-09-2008 , 03:28 PM
If you want to render over a network you need a render farm, I've seen a few tutorials on how to set one up on the net, if you have a few spare PC's knocking about not doing anything (old ones etc)

Not too sure about making a P2P one though.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 14-09-2008 , 03:47 PM
Thanks, I've found a few tutorials now that I know the term...
I think I'll wait for my brother to come though before messing with connections and security and stuff like that.
Benny

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)
# 4 14-09-2008 , 04:02 PM
I think I remember reading somewhare that if Cars (the Pixar film) was rendered on a single CPU it whould have taken some thing like 3200 years or some ting really sill like that!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle