Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 02-02-2008 , 10:07 PM

Can't Add New Text - Please Help

Greetings everyone,

I'm sure there is an easy solution to my problem, but being incredibly new I can't seem to find it. I am simply trying to add new text to my scene. The first text I added I was able to go to Create -> Text Options and type in my text and everything worked great. Now when I go Create -> Text Options I get an error in the lower right hand corner that says "// Error: Value is out of range: 0". If I simply go Create -> Text, it adds my original text just fine, but I am unable to create new text. I have created new scenes, new projects, and restarted Maya several times. Do I need to clear the Text options some how before it will let me make new, different text, or should I simply be able to do what I'm trying (Create -> Text Options -> Enter new text and hit Create)? Any help you could offer a newbie would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day and thank you in advance.

# 2 03-02-2008 , 11:03 AM
Well there shouldnt be any problem with your text creation. Just try and reset settings again. When you got to create text the box opens you will find edit and the option reset. try that it resets to the default settings. and that should solve it.

i hope this helps.

# 3 04-02-2008 , 12:33 AM
Thank you for the reply. How do I go about reseting the Text settings? When I click on the Option Box to the right of Text it doesn't open. Instead I get an error in the lower right hand corner that says "// Error: Value is out of range: 0". I was able to add text once. Now, every time I try and add new text by opening the Options Box, the previous happens. Also, I get the same error message when I click the Options Box for BevelPlus and the Adobe Illustrator option. Instead of the option box opening I just get that error for all 3. Thank you for the response, and I hope this help clarify my problem a little bit better. I look forward to your response. And again, thank you in advance for any and all help. Have a good day.

# 4 04-02-2008 , 10:17 PM
Well actually i think you will just have to re load maya. because your option box should open and there should be no problem there. just re install maya. sometimes various funny errors can happen. re installing usually solves it.
cheers!!!

# 5 04-02-2008 , 11:56 PM
Thank you for the reply. I tried reinstalling Maya and it didn't help. I even tried installing it on a different computer, but the error persists on that machine as well. This leads me to believe that there is either something wrong with the Mac version of Maya 8.5 PLE or I am doing something wrong. I was able to add text once and use the BevelPlus option box once, so I'm not sure why I can't anymore. Is there some kind of history or cache I need to clear every time I want to enter new text through the text option box or open the bevelplus option box? I appreciate any and all help. have a great day.

# 6 06-02-2008 , 04:38 PM
well actually i use maya on a windows platform so i dont know. but there is no history to delete. its really a very straight frwrd operation adding text. you should go to the alias wavefront website and post your query there.