Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 04-11-2005 , 12:08 PM

Rendering problem

Sup ya'll, I'm having a slight problem with rendering as you can probably see from the picture below. When the image is in modelling mode, the shed isn't "transparent" like it is when I render it and I can't see the grass on the other side of it. I know it may seem like a basic problem, and I've only just started learning maya, but any suggestions as to how to sort this out would be most welcome. Thanks, peace.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 04-11-2005 , 06:03 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
If you are using fur or paint fx its usually better to put them on a render layer as problems like this can arise alot of the time because of the memory and swap space required for rendering Maya cant handle the compositing sometimes, so put the fence, shed and grass on a render layer each render the scene out as a batch, then pick up the images from your project directory and comp it all in Photoshop using layer masks.

Jay

# 3 05-11-2005 , 08:51 PM
look cool tho.lol