Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 30-11-2003 , 12:10 AM
Subscriber

Black Light

I watched Toy Story again tonight. Since starting my excursions in Maya a couple of months ago, I now see the incredible skill involved... anyway...

In one scene in the bad kids bedroom, there is a black light hanging over a picture (you know the type of light that makes anything white glow with a blueish glare). I wondered how this effect would be achieved, and if it is possible in Maya?

# 2 11-12-2003 , 01:34 AM
they probablyl just took a photo of a real blacklight poster and added some glow, or maybe the used HDRI (not sure if that was around yet...)

# 3 11-12-2003 , 02:38 AM
Subscriber
Yeah its a safe bet its faked good. Just put a blue colored light whare you want the black light.. and make sure to make light colors really intence.

# 4 11-12-2003 , 11:11 AM
Subscriber
I suppose with Renderman shaders they can fake pretty much anything.